Cannot restore 4.2.1 greenpois0n?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mca2, Jul 24, 2011.

1. mca2, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

mca2 macrumors newbie

For months I'd been running 4.2.1 on my iPhone4 with the JB of greenpois0n. TinyUmbrella saved all my SHSH blobs so I wanted to upgrade tot 4.3.3.

I started by downloading the original 4.3.3 .ispw from Apple, then fired up TU TSS server (all cydia boxes unchecked), kit alt-restore in iTunes, but near the end i hit the 1013 error. This should be the message that baseband upgrade failed. This resulted in my phone being stuck in restore (restore-loop), iRecovery couldnt fix it.

This is no problem, because using redsn0w I quickly had a working 4.3.3 iphone. At least cydia and all my apps are working fine, only i don't have a provider signal anymore :( I also find, that my baseband is still stuck at 03.10.01, the 4.2.1 version.

What did i do wrong? How do i get my provider back? And note, that i dont need an unlock as i'm not switching providers etc, and as far as i know the phones are sold unlocked here anyway.

Edit: i think i know the problem, see below, i can not restore 4.2.1?

2. mca2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just to add. I restored 4.2.1 with the help of TU, applied JB and everything is running fine (except i cant put back my backup as it was made with 4.3.3)

So i decided to try again. So i restored to 4.3.3, bailed out with error 1013 (should be normal according to TU FAQ). But then when i select my phone in TU it says it's running on 4.2.1????

What TU indicates is correct? And how is it possible that the restore doesnt apply the correct firmware?

3. mca2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, got it working again. Took quite some googling around but this is the trick:
    - restore your phone to whatever firmware
    - end the restore in the 1013 error (that's good if you want, means your bb is untouched)
    - find yourself in a restore loop because Apple found another way of annoying us eventhough we have the SHSH-blobs
    - run fix recovery (modified tiny umbrella)
    - tadaa, youre in a working version of whatever fw you wanted
    - run the jb of your choice (i used redsn0w to get a 4.3.3 JB)

Bit annoying apple has overwritten all my backups in the process.