Cannot Restore error 6

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by noname27, Mar 12, 2011.

1. noname27 macrumors newbie

So my sister wanted to restore her jailbroken ipod
    she click restore on itunes and i came back and it was on recovery mode
    with the itunes symbol and the usb from the bottom

i try to restore it from a firmware using shift and left click to 4.3 but still doesnt restore gives error 6 help!!! need it to 4.3 or back to original

i also noticed when i open my itunes it doesnt show the ipod name it shows "ipod" and for capacity and the others it N/A.

HELP!!

2. orikie macrumors newbie

3. celticpride678

Error 6: All of the steps in this article apply to resolve this issue. Following iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software frequently resolves this error. There may be third-party software installed that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting a TcpWindowSize entry into your Registry. If your default packet size is set incorrectly it can cause this error. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet size modification for assistance.

Check this tutorial for troubleshooting steps: http://itsalltech.com/2010/07/08/fixing-common-itunes-restore-issues/

4. noname27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried that and it said ipod cannot restore error 6
    then it said itunes has been detected in recovery mode you must restore this ipod before it can be used in itunes

5. noname27 thread starter macrumors newbie