iPad Cannot restore ipad 2 to 7.0.6

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mknabster, Apr 25, 2014.

1. mknabster macrumors regular

I just bought an ipad 2 at an auction, and i'm trying to restore it to 7.0.6 rather than the 7.1.1. I would like to jailbreak it so i can use it with my server, but when i try to restore it to the 7.0.6 ipsw i had downloaded, i receive a 3194 error. Now i checked my hosts file, there are no apple ones in there. I also went and tried it on 2 other computers, and they returned similar errors too, that the specified build isn't compatible with the device. How can i bypass this? Thanks

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You can only restore a device to firmware being signed by Apple. Apple no longer signs any version lower than 7.1.1.

There is no way to bypass this. Your only options are to keep it on whichever iOS version it is on, or update it to 7.1.1.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You can't go down with iOS, only up. You'll need to upgrade to 7.1.1, there's no way to downgrade.

4. mknabster thread starter macrumors regular

Ah that stinks, so since it has 6.1.3 on it, I can't go to 7.0.6 with an Ipsw? Now what if I used an older version of iTunes, could that help?

5. chrfr macrumors 603

No, there is no way to put 7.0.6 on it.

6. mknabster thread starter macrumors regular

Oh we'll then, now I just need to figure out how to get this thing jailbroken at 6.1.3 then

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Are there no app store apps that can connect to your server?

8. mknabster thread starter macrumors regular

Not for streaming access from what i can find. I do have a few for downloads but for streaming nope

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Did you try Air Video HD?

10. mknabster thread starter macrumors regular

Never heard of it, i'll have to look into that. I guess i'm so used to XBMC which requires a jailbreak i wasn't aware of anything else out there. Thanks

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

There's always been video streaming apps around, since very early on. I've never used XBMC, so I don't know if that has functions not available in App Store apps. But for instance, here's an article comparing some streaming apps. It might be dated, since it refers to the older version of Air Video, but you get the idea.
    http://appadvice.com/appguides/show/best-ipad-movie-streaming