Cannot restore Iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Burstl, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Burstl macrumors newbie

May 3, 2011
    Hey Guys,

I have a problem, I cant restore my iphone 5. The problem is, I had my Iphone in my hand and it started to rain strongly, so the iphone got wet and it shut down while playing a song. At home after I have dried the phone, I wanted to restore it, and the display told me to connect to itunes. I did that and clicked on restore and update iphone, then itunes says, witing for iphone, and the phone restarts, but then I get the error message 4013 all the time, sometimes it also was message 4005.

Any Ideas? If it wont work again, I hope Apple will give me a new phone. The problem is, I bought it in the US via a friend, and I wiill only be in the US one week in January, I hope this will work.
  2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Dec 2, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Sorry, sounds like it's water damaged. No way apple will replace it as they will see the water sensors have been tripped. You should have left it in a bag with rice for a few days with the phone turned off for it to dry out.