Cannot restore iphone to custom firmware.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by j-mak, Oct 11, 2008.

1. j-mak macrumors newbie

Hey i have a first gen iphone, it is stuck on a non customized 2.1 firmware, i am using it on a telstra Australian sim so its unusable saying to put in a ATT sim.

Everytime i try to put on a customized firmware it comes with an error.
    Whats wrong with it?
    Im using itunes 8.0 by the way.

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

You need to put the iPhone into DFU before you restore to the custom firmware.

3. j-mak thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Yes, i have put the iphone in DFU mode. This is not the first time i have restored the iphone. This is the first time it has not allowed me to put on a customized firmware.
    update:
    the code is 1604.

4. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

Are you using the right basebands? try deleting and re-downloading them

5. j-mak thread starter macrumors newbie

I re installed the basebands, and still no work.
    It isn't a problem with the custom firmware, because i have a custom 2.0, that the iphone was on previously and this wouldn't work either.

6. j-mak thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey i have been reserarching it more, i have tried all the solutions, from changing usb port to re installing itunes. nothing seems to work, im thinking of paying someone on ebay to fix it if i don't get it working soon.

7. Junkboxy macrumors member

Mac or Windows? What version operating system? Some variables to think about. If you're on a Mac, check out my "Success" post in my thread in this forum.

Preview on a Qualified, Non-expert Hint:p : You may have to set the stage by downgrading first.

8. j-mak thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks for the reply.
    I am a windows user, i wish to go to mac, price is the issue.
    I am using windows xp. Which sucks because i have read a great guide for vista.

I have heard of people downgrading to root the solution, but i cannot downgrade to any customised firmware, i have downgraded to a restore of 1.1.4, but the problem still occurs.

9. jozef.vaclavik macrumors newbie

iTunes alt+restore

just create your custom firmware, reset your iPhone into DFU, connect it into iTunes.. and after iTunes will ask you to restore it. hold ALT/OPTIONS key and click on Restore button in iTunes. That will allow you to choose your custom firmware :)