Cannot restore or load software

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 700-Grizz, Aug 25, 2011.

1. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

I have a 3GS and tonight it just crapped out and went to the itunes hookup screen, it was jailbroke and whatever I try It always gets stuck on the screen with the apple logo and it loads up to the very very end--seems like 99% and just stays there for 10-15 minutes then I get an error 1002? doesnt matter if I keep it JB I just want a working phone right now......

then it puts me out of itunes and reboots to the cable and itunes logo--to hook it up and itunes says Itunes has detected a phone in recovery mode you must restore--well it wont let me lol see above

2. paxxxor macrumors newbie

paxxxor

Try it on another computer.

Have you tried putting it into DFU mode/recovery mode?

Try restoring to the software version you were on before you tried anything.

paxxxor

3. 700-Grizz thread starter macrumors 6502

I was up till 3:00 this morning trying everything I new--Yes DFU, Yes everything lol, went thru Tiny Umbrella ect...Finaly I downloaded 4.3.2 and cooked it with Snowbreeze (which is what I had originally) and that DID seem to load all the way thru but after it rebooted it said cannot detec Sim card, so I take that out a few times to no avail and called it a night (Up at 6)--anyway get to work and put my SIm card in another Iphone and it WORKS perfect, so I just dont know right now. I may take it to Our NEW and Only Apple store that just opened and head for the Genius bar to see what they can do for me:D:D

ANY other recommendations I should go for?

4. 700-Grizz thread starter macrumors 6502

another thing I was going to upgrade to current software and then downgrade to 4.3.3/4.3.4 and jailbreak. following the instructions to go into HOST file and put in a code line thru Notepad--will I do that but it will not save? says directory something lol

5. 700-Grizz thread starter macrumors 6502

WOW guys!! this has all you stumped as well???? I need some suggestions lol Even the apple Genius bar dudes were no help

6. 700-Grizz thread starter macrumors 6502