Cannot Restore Unlocked Jailbroken iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JonnyAlpha, Dec 9, 2013.

1. JonnyAlpha macrumors regular

Hi;

I have an iPhone 3G that was unlocked and jailbroken, I now want to restore it to factory settings to give it to a family member who will use it on the carrier that it was originally locked for (O2).

I probably boo booed by plugging into iTunes and selecting restore, it now will not restore and is stuck in DFU mode (USB iTunes Logo) and I keep getting the 1015 Error Message.

I did not write down the firmware version but I think it was 4.2.1?

When I originally had this phone I was running Snow Leopard, I am now on Mavericks.

I have searched Google and have put the phone into black screen DFU Mode but I still get the 1015 Error Message.

I think I need to re-install a custom baseband / firmware by using an option when opening iTunes however I cannot remember how to do it and need a guide.

Can someone help please??

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I know that on a windows machine, you need to edit your hosts file that the jailbreak software used to block iTunes from connecting to apples servers. I had this same issue and had to delete the tiny umbrella IP addresses associated with it so it would allow iTunes to restore the phone. Not sure how to do this on a Mac but you can try to google the iTunes error.