Cannot Send Email - Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by andreab35, Nov 3, 2009.

1. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Hi all!

For some reason lately with my new email address I made with Gmail, a lot of emails have been sent back to me, "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender"

Part of the message says, "I was unable to send this e-mail because the domain ( gmail.com ) has been black listed due to spam or forgery."

What the heck does this mean? I promise I'm not a spammer, for this is my personal email account.
    Could it be possible that someone on the receiver's end has blocked my address or something?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this issue? It happens when I send mail from Apple Mail, my iPhone, and even through Gmail.

Thanks!

2. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

Have you been using gmail to promote your own website? If so, maybe change the text in the message as I think the gmail filters may be picking it up as spam.

3. andreab35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

andreab35

No, I haven't been using this account to promote a website. It's just for my personal use to send messages to people I know.

4. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

If you are sending your gmail emails via your web hosting domain, the recipients ISP's filters maybe picking you up as spam. The recipients of the emails will need to contact their individual ISP's in order to allow your messages to go through. Just throwing up another idea???

5. andreab35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Well, I just tried sending my message again- this time being in my Gmail account on the Internet. The message sent successfully and I got a reply back from the person I sent the email to.

I guess it seems like it's a problem with Apple Mail that I have with Snow Leopard?