Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

dmckibbins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
I have an iPad mini Wifi 64GB model with iOS 6.1 on it and its jailbroken. It's been working completely fine for the past month or so and just a few hours ago, I lost the ability to send images over iMessage. I tried resetting network settings and turning it off and on as well as a double hard reset. Nothing's worked so far and to make things stranger, I haven't downloaded anything from Cydia in about a week. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:

YoungLew

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
This has happened to me too, albeit i have an iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1.3

It was working up until around 3 hours ago, now when i send a picture message it reverts to sms rather than iMessage.

iMessage texts work fine though and i can receive images over iMessage :confused:

Comment

dmckibbins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
Maybe Apple did it?

Just a random theory but could it possibly be a way for Apple to divert people from jailbreaking? Maybe they implemented a detection system? I have the tweak xCon to stop other apps from detecting my jailbreak but it obviously hasn't worked if Apple did this.

----------

Logout of imessage and back in

Tried this but it didn't seem to work for me. Thanks though.

Comment

jimmythehill

macrumors member
May 31, 2010
This happened to me, however I sorted it by following the instructions of one user on here. Assuming you have the tweak, Manual Correct Pro installed, remove it and reboot your device ( dont respring). This was the critter that was causing my imessage mms issues. All sorted following its removal. The free version of manual correct does not cause issues I might add.

Comment

chaohliu

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
i have rebooted. ive also removed typestatus and sms timestamp and rebooted. still pics as text.

Comment

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
I believe it is an Apple server thing. I can send pictures to my friends fine, but they can't send them to me in iMessage. I am jailbroken.

Comment

chaohliu

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
the thing is this has happened once before and i did a full restore and it works again. however with 6.1.3 out a restore is out of the question if i want to keep jb.

Comment

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
I don't have that tweak installed and I'm experiencing the same crap

have sleepfx, auxo, zephyr, ncsettings, killbackground

all are paid except for sleepfx :eek: but I've never had any issues till now

Comment

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
What you can do is install sbsettings

in SBsettings more/mobilesunstrate addons you cab disable all your JB tweaks/apps restart and see if the problem persist, if it is gone than 1 of the tweaks is causing the problem

Comment

chaohliu

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
pretty sure its not any tweaks because i am mirroring all the same tweaks on my gfs phone and she has no such issue. im really beginning to think its an apple imessage issue.

Comment

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
pretty sure its not any tweaks because i am mirroring all the same tweaks on my gfs phone and she has no such issue. im really beginning to think its an apple imessage issue.

If your GF phone does not have issues it isn't an Apple issue..

Comment

chaohliu

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
i get what you are saying.

it seems like imessage is getting stuck once it tries to send a pic. its more likely the send-side of the message because incoming pictures are fine. something is causing it to error out and revert to sms to send the picture.

Comment

jimmythehill

macrumors member
May 31, 2010
It's definitely tweak related guys. In my case it was Manual Correct Pro... Removed it and mms send with no problems on iMessage.

Comment

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
I unistalled Signal 2 (purchased) music4me (free) and ncsettings and it keeps doing it

I could care less I love my tweaks i can use whatsapp for pictures

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.