Cannot sign into MSN Messenger 6 for Mac

ericmjl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
I have a problem with MSN Messenger for Mac. I tried to sign into my account but wasn't able to do so, because each time I tried to sign in, it would give me back the message:

"Sign in to Microsoft Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

So I tried to get my floormate's account to sign in, and he was able to do sign in. The big difference between our accounts is that mine is a Gmail address, but his is a Hotmail address.

Does anybody have a similar problem and know how to address this?

Thanks alot.

Cheers,
Eric

mahmoud hola

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2009
I can't sign into msn messenger ; mac

every time I tried to sign into msn messenger mac I fail and this message appear " sign in failed because the password is incorrect or the sign-in
name dose not exist ...................... "

and I'm sure the sign in name and password isn't wrong , I tried many e-mails
and many accounts but the the same message appear
please can any one help me in that I'm anew mac user ?

jive turkey

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
Perhaps try using aMSN (search for it) and see if you can log in using that. If you can than there is a problem with the MSN program.

I am logged into the MSN network right now using Adium, so I assume there are no network problems.

mahmoud hola

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2009
Perhaps try using aMSN (search for it) and see if you can log in using that. If you can than there is a problem with the MSN program.

I am logged into the MSN network right now using Adium, so I assume there are no network problems.
thanks a lot it working good by aMSN thanks again

Danny Griffin

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2009
hotmail from mesenger

I have mesenger and can do instant mesages with my contacts, but when I click on to my mail - I gat a message about windows live and how I must allow http://www.alive.com
The problem is that the steps are obviously for PC as it says go to choices in the tool menu for firefox - there is no Choices in the tools menu.
I have a hotmail account that I use but I do not seem to be able to access it through messenger
Any help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.