cannot slide to unlock - springtomize

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by kenniiiiii, Jul 9, 2011.

1. kenniiiiii, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

kenniiiiii macrumors member

i was messing with the settings and now it wont let me slide to unlock... i hit home button twice and ipod music show.. already rebooted..

the arrow to slide is gone.. damnit, im stuck

2. kenniiiiii thread starter macrumors member

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Do you have sbsettings? If so, tap more then push home.

4. kenniiiiii thread starter macrumors member

no havent install it

5. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

SBSettings allows you to go to Power>SafeMode, which brings the device back to "stock." If you don't have that (it should be the first thing you install after a jailbreak!), you can SHSH into your system and remove Springtomize (which I did when I did what you did- before I realized I could have used SBSettings). If you don't have SHSH enabled, I'm guessing a full restore is in your future.

6. kenniiiiii thread starter macrumors member

so i can access sbsettings with mt gestures at the "slide to unlock screen"?
    and whats SHSH?

7. TC25 macrumors 68020

Springtomize continues to be in beta status even though it was released a long time ago. The author has released some fixes but there are too many problems with the product and I've gone back to the separate apps to accomplish the same things without the crashes.

8. WyldRyce macrumors member

You could also use iFunBox as well to remove Springtomize.

9. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Springtomize does actually work fine- not to start a flame war here, but it does. The poster above has been quite vocal about it, negatively, but I and many others have had no real troubles with it. When I locked myself out, I had a tap to unlock theme and by setting Springtomize in a certain way, I over-rode my slide (tap) and couldn't get in.

SHSH is a way to get into your phone/pad through Wifi. It needs to be installed through Cydia, as does SBSettings. If you haven't installed them, you will not be able to use them. There are apps that you can use via cable that will let you in to your device to remove Springtomize or anything else, as well as to download things to your device. I believe one of them is listed above. There are others as well. Google may help. Or you could make it easy and simply do a restore and then install your backup, making sure, this time, to install SBSettings as soon as you jailbreak. SafeMode is your friend.