Cannot slide to unlock?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Brian Russell, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Brian Russell macrumors newbie

Need help with iPod touch, it will not let me slide to unlock, I have restored it and it works great for a couple of hours and then it will once again not let me slide to unlock. I have reset it and again, okay for a short time. Can I disengage to slide portion to open the iPod? What can I do? Thanks a lot

2. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

What kind of iPod touch is it and what iOS is on it? The reason being the iPod touch 6 on iOS 10 no longer has slide to unlock so if you have a6 you could just update to iOS 10.

3. garya73 macrumors 6502

My 5th gen has started acting up lately. It will shut off (battery completely drained would be my assumption), but when I plug it in it fires up with about 60% battery life. When not plugged in the battery drains pretty quickly. It's mainly for playing music in my car, but I have been relying on it to use certain retail apps since I currently don't have a cell phone.

Anyway, my issue is with the "back" button in apps. It will become totally nonresponsive and I have to mash on it like 10 times or so to finally get it to work. I have it on 9.3.5, which is the last version of iOS 9 that has been released for the touch. I have not tried to restore it because I have like 45gb of music and that would take forever. Maybe there is some issue with nonresponsive parts of screens, I really don't know.