Cannot stop itunes launching every morning!?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by joojooyoufather, Oct 8, 2009.

1. joojooyoufather macrumors member

Hi there,
    I am utterly baffled. A month ago I started to use alarm clock 2 an alarm clock application. But for some reason even though I deleted all the alarms I had set to go off, one still seemed to linger on. And it is still lingering on even though I have deleted the application.

Every morning Itunes launches and starts playing music at 8am and there is no indication that there is another application launching it. I've looked in widgets? that didn't work and I cannot seem to find where the problem is so I can fix it. Also this thing, whatever it is is intefering with my computer for instance I cannot rotate with cmd+tab, through the open applications anymore. ANY IDEAS WHAT THIS IS FOLKS AND HOW I CAN GET RID OF IT?????

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Have you tried emailing the publisher of the software? Is there any helpers in the startup items that are still running (System Prefs>Users>Startup).

3. devburke Guest

This Alarm Clock 2? I use it all the time. It doesn’t actually launch iTunes, so I don’t think that’s your problem.

4. ethical macrumors 68000

Have you had a look at your startup items? Go to System Preferences, Account, then on your account click on Startup Items and look for iTunes. Anything there?

Also, take a look in ~/Library/Application Support/ and see if there is a folder for Alarm Clock 2.
    Look in HD/Library/Application Support too for a similar folder.

If there is a folder for Alarm Clock 2 in either of them then just delete it.

Also, when it next goes off (or just before it's about to/when it does go off) take a look in Activity Monitor for anything related to alarms.

5. joojooyoufather thread starter macrumors member

Hi there,
    I did what you asked and still that pesky alarm is going off? I cannot wipe the computer and start again at the moment. Any other ideas?:eek:.

Hold on, I just looked at the Activity Monitor and yes there is a little alarm clock in there and I have now deleted it so fingers crossed....XXX Thank you for your help.

6. Tyr. macrumors member

Open a terminal and type :

crontab -l

Does it list anything ? Also try :

launchctl list

and look for anything that contains the name of the alarm clock app.