Cannot submit app

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ranguvar, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ranguvar macrumors 6502

Hi,

I'm trying to submit my app through iTunes Connect. It keeps telling me "The binary you uploaded was invalid. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an Apple submission certificate."

I'm lost. Isn't there some kind of walkthrough of what you have to do to sign it correctly? I always just find documents that explain how to do all kinds of stuff like ad-hoc builds, but I don't want to do all that, I just want to submit it to Apple... :confused:

I can build and run apps on my phone all right. I also changed the Code Signing Identity from "iPhone Developer" to "iPhone Distribution". Do I need a second certificate for distribution?

<rant>
    I hate all this signing ********. If Apple wants all the signing crap, they should sign it themselves, I don't want to be annoyed by it. Why I have to pay to develop apps on my own phone is beyond me anyway, but now at least just let me submit my damn app!
    </rant>

2. jnic macrumors 6502a

https://developer.apple.com/iphone/manage/distribution/index.action

Yes.

The next iteration of the SDK will make code signing more integrated and straightforward.

3. ranguvar thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the link! Now I don't know how I missed it :p
    Also great to hear that the new SDK will make all this easier.

EDIT: Through with it. I believe Apple mistook the iPhone as a high security vault. I'm going to go back to developing with jailbroken devices. It's way easier, and cheaper.