Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archdelux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I tried syncing recently and got a message that the ipad was too full, and the ipad was then slow and unresponsive.. I deleted some videos on the ipad and unsynced the tv shows on itunes.. the ipad has since been fast and back up to normal speed, but now I get this "cannot sync ipad unknown error" message everytime i try to sync.

I really dont want to restore because it is a pain in the butt.. any other solutions out there? For some reason half my songs are simply not on the ipad anymore..although the ipad still lists the correct number of songs in the 'about' menu in settings.

archdelux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I tried syncing recently and got a message that the ipad was too full, and the ipad was then slow and unresponsive.. I deleted some videos on the ipad and unsynced the tv shows on itunes.. the ipad has since been fast and back up to normal speed, but now I get this "cannot sync ipad unknown error" message everytime i try to sync.

I really dont want to restore because it is a pain in the butt.. any other solutions out there? For some reason half my songs are simply not on the ipad anymore..although the ipad still lists the correct number of songs in the 'about' menu in settings.

problem solved. this worked:

Originally Posted by Abrar
I had the same message after dowloading 3.0 but I noted that everything except the music library had synced. So I unchecked the sync option for the music files in itunes and then synced. No error message this time around. I then checked the box second time around and this time on syncing, the music library was uploaded to the iphone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.