Cannot sync iPad with PC. 5 different error messages!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shigaugi, Oct 1, 2011.

1. shigaugi macrumors newbie

Whenever I try to sync the iPad with my PC (win XP) I get 5 different error messages, one after the other in this order:

- SyncServer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

- MobileDeviceHelper has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

- MobileBackup has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

- MDCrashReportTool has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

- iTunes could not back up the iPad because the backup session failed.

And the iPad won't sync of course.
    I tried uninstalling and re-installing the latest version of iTunes (10.4.1.10), hard-reset of the iPad, reset sync history, installing older versions of iTunes. Nothing seems to work.

Anyone can help?
    Thank you

2. knobhdy macrumors newbie

I have had trouble with my iPhone 3GS syncing to my Windows 7 machine, and I have found that the USB ports sometimes bind up and Windows isn't go about releasing them. When this happened it would give me all sorts of errors and not allow the phone to sync, even if I logged in as another user to the same machine.

I tried moving the apple cable to another port and bang, synced up right as rain.

Could work for you.

Erica