Cannot sync iPhone calendar to MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by allysbeen, Jul 23, 2010.

1. allysbeen macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a bit of help here.

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro (15" 2.5gHz) off a friend and am using it as my primary computer. When using iTunes, I click to sync my calendars with iCal and tell it to sync (along with syncing contacts, notes, apps, etc).

Everything syncs perfectly EXCEPT for my calendars, which wipe the contents of my phone and replaces it with whatever is on my MacBook Pro. If there is one event or ten events on the laptop, they transfer onto the iPhone and none of my iPhone events transfer onto the laptop and are lost, so I am left to restore from a back up and try again.

I have tried using both iCal and Entourage. I had this problem once with Outlook on Windows 7 in which I lost all my calendar events but the next sync showed no problems. I have tried this sync on my Mac at least 10 times, trying to choose something different each time, but with no luck.

I have looked into this extensively but cannot find anyone with the same problem as me, let alone a solution. I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ally

2. dangson macrumors newbie

When your phone is connected, click on it in iTunes. Go to one of the tabs at the top. I'm not sure of the name, but it's the one where you select which calendars to sync. Scroll to the bottom. Is "replace content on phone" checked?

3. allysbeen thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked these settings and when I plug my phone in, none of the selections to replace the contents of my phone with the computer for this time only are selected.

I have tried doing a sync of just calendars and also more selected. I put an event in my iCal to make sure there is something to sync, same thing.. Had multiple calendars and selected one, same thing.

Just for the record I'm using the latest iOS on my phone and the latest iTunes.

Thank you,

Ally

4. allysbeen thread starter macrumors newbie

Just hoping someone has some answers as the sync is still wiping my calendar..

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try adding one additional event to the iPhone and sync.

6. allysbeen thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Aggie,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to do this also.. Just adding one to my phone or one to my computer but it still wipes whatever is on my phone with whatever is on the computer.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I wasn’t sure if it was somehow thinking you last added something to iCal and not the iPhone Calendar. This is not how it should work, of course.

IDK, have you tried restoring? If that doesn’t work, it has to be something up with iCal on the Mac. You might try deleting the plist file and reopening iCal.

8. allysbeen thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey again,

Yes I have tried restoring.. Every time I sync and it fails I have to restore to get my information back.. And as I only just purchased this Mac off a family friend, it is a fresh install of Snow Leopard and still it does not work

Any other ideas?

9. allysbeen thread starter macrumors newbie

10. allysbeen thread starter macrumors newbie

I've just today tried doing this in the boot camp partition and on a separate laptop and still it wipes my calendar, with or without events on the computer. I'm getting really frustrated and hoping someone will be able to help me out here.