Cannot transfer a file through bluetooth, any help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LeahM, Aug 16, 2008.

1. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I paired my mobile phone (motorola i580) with my MBP but whenever I try to transfer a ringtone I created I get "Failed to establish connection to device. An error occurred while connecting to the device." in System Pref. it says Paired: Yes and Connected: Yes.

Any suggestions? Either another way to connect it, any I transferring it wrong, or is there another way to transfer?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You might need to go to your phone's file manager and choose Receive file from bluetooth or something along those lines.

That's what I have to do on my blackberry, go to ringtones, then Recieve via Bluetooth ... otherwise it will do the same thing, even when paired and connected.

3. LeahM thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I don't seem to have that option on my mobile. I'm wondering if there is a USB cord that I would be able to buy. Or maybe the file isn't compatible with my phone.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Doing some research, it seems that model cannot receive mp3s via BT. Sorry.

5. LeahM thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Aw, that blows. But thank you! Looks as if my best bet is to find a USB cord.

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

No problem, just google a usb cable and you'll get a million hits on places selling them for your phone.