Cannot transfer apps from iPhone to PC after 3.0 update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DirtySocks85, Jun 17, 2009.

1. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

So after updating my iPhone firmware to 3.0 I signed into the app store on the iPhone and purchased an app. Now it won't let me transfer the purchase to iTunes on my PC because it claims it isn't authorized for the account. I double checked and iTunes is indeed authorized.

The only lead I have is that my iPhone may be signed into and older yet similar iTunes account. Let's just say for discussion purposes that my username is Bob1234.

My iTunes account is Bob1234 via AOL (so Bob1234@aol.com), but to sign in via iTunes I just click the AOL icon and sign in as Bob1234 with my password. Well on the iPhone I signed in simply as Bob1234 (there was nowhere to select AOL vs Apple). To potentially remedy this solution I attempted to sign in on the iPhone as Bob1234@aol.com, but it kept telling me that the password was incorrect.

Hopefully, everyone was able to follow that. Any ideas?

platforms:iPhone 3G running OS 3.0
    PC running Win XP Pro SP3 w/ iTunes 8.2

P.S. My name isn't Bob.

2. DirtySocks85 thread starter macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Well, I fixed my own problem... to an extent. Turns out I did indeed have 2 iTunes accounts. I've authorized my computer for both for the time being. Ideally I'd like to figure out how to sign into my AOL one on my iPhone instead since that has been my primary account for a good couple of years.

3. Terdinus Asus macrumors member

I'm getting the same problem with my AOL account.

"Incorrect password, please try again"

*Shoots AOL*

...*and iPhone*

4. DirtySocks85 thread starter macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Yeah, I got the following email from Apple customer service when I asked them about it. It still doesn't help me log-in via my AOL account on my iPhone.

Here's a copy of the email in case it helps anyone else.