cannot transfer iphone contents to ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shs14, Aug 6, 2011.

1. shs14 macrumors newbie

i made a backup from my iphone 4 on itunes on my mac. but when i tried to "restore from backup" on my ipad 2 it didnt tranfer any contents. i wanted to transfer contacts, camera roll pics, calendar entries, apps and everything else from my iphone to my ipad.

help me please !

2. chacha59 macrumors newbie

restore your iPad2 to empty first

I did restore my iPad2 from my iPhone backup and was able to get iCal, Address Book ....... everything.

It was my first plug-in for iPad2. So, I think you can do it when your iPad is empty with totally nothing with it.

3. funnoam macrumors member

You can restore a backup on a device anytime, just right click on the device in iTunes and choose "restore from backup".

In your case, I think the backup was not created or restored properly, just backup again your iPhone (and delete the previous backup) and restore again.

4. shs14 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, I will try to backup again the iphone. but,how can I erase a backup? and another question: how can I pass my iphone contacts and calendar entries to the mac address book and ical ?

5. chacha59 macrumors newbie

6. chacha59 macrumors newbie

at info page while you sync your iPhone with iTune(where the iTune is stored in a MacBook), you may select to update from your iPhone info to Mac.

Or, you may choice to sync from mobileme.com, then restore sync info from mobileme to over-write your Mac.