Cannot update anything in Leopard, Help Needed

Discussion in 'macOS' started by whatchettb, Aug 3, 2008.

1. whatchettb macrumors newbie

I've had a MacBook that came pre-installed with Leopard since October of last year... I have never been able to successfully complete a software update...

In the past, the updates have downloaded successfully but would crash during the restart phase (the progress bar would stall on the first action, no matter what i was trying to install, and i would have to hold the power button to cancel the update...)...

There were somethings this affected but I have an iMac on Leopard that has updated everything just fine, so I have my iPhone, etc... plugged into that machine....

I had some extra time today, so i decided to reinstall Leopard to see if this problem would persist on my Macbook... the reinstall went fine (i Archived and Installed)...

When i searched for system updates, I had 14 programs that needed updating... now when i click update, it cannot even start to download the updates... i am getting a -3001 error message saying that it could not find download file and to check my internet connection.... I am connected and don't know what else the problem could be...

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

2. BobZune macrumors 6502a

3. celloman macrumors member

celloman

4. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

Did you try the solution in the link given above?