Cannot update apps...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by e93to, Mar 26, 2015.

1. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

I noticed that there are some app updates on App Store, so I went to "update" section to apply updates. Then I noticed that "update all" button is greyed out, and each individual app says "open" instead of "update." Earlier today, I couldn't see the list of purchased apps because apparently App Store thought I was in a different country…

How do I fix this? I don't want to apply "automatic update." I already checked settings for location services and App Store/iTunes Store, and I don't see anything that could be causing this issue.

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Your problem may have been caused this outage depending on the time you had the problem.

3. Kenjancef macrumors regular

Same here, been doing this for a few hours. Still happening now, even though Apple says all is good. Maybe just takes time to propagate?? No big deal, I can wait...

4. e93to thread starter macrumors 6502a

e93to

Thanks for clearing that up. Wasn't aware of this.

5. Kenjancef macrumors regular

I was... Still not working...

6. HiVolt macrumors 6502

HiVolt

Also still broken for my iPhone6 & iPad4 on iOS 8.1

Cannot update.

7. fort macrumors member

Same. Cannot update

8. e93to thread starter macrumors 6502a

e93to

Well… "Update all" button was still greyed out on my iPhone, but I managed to update the apps. When you start App Store, and go to "update", you will notice that "update all" button is blue for a very very very short fraction of second. Quickly click on "update all" before it turns grey.

9. HiVolt macrumors 6502

HiVolt

I just checked again, and it seems like it's resolved, at least for me. Apps showed UPDATE, and Update All was showing in blue.

Updated the apps.

10. ^^BIGMac macrumors 6502a

^^BIGMac

Sill have the grayed out update button. :mad:

I updated the apps through iTunes but there are still 6 showing that updates are available on my phone. So it's not fixed.

11. oleus macrumors newbie

this was happening to me this morning after turning on my ipad and iphone.

restarted my iphone and was able to press "update" before it was greyed out. not sure if it's fixed yet on my ipad, i will try tonight.

12. protobiont macrumors 6502a

I have the same problem and can confirm this worked for me as well. I encountered this problem on three iOS devices. An iPhone 6, an iPad Air (both personal), and an enterprise iPad mini retina.

----------

All of these devices are on 8.1.2 or lower (8.1).

13. C DM, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015

C DM macrumors Westmere

Using iPhone 5 with iOS 8.2 ran into that today too (while iPhone 6 with iOS 8.2 has been fine so far). Tried catching the update link quickly and various other things, but the only thing that seemed to work was to restart the phone and then go to the App Store and update the apps, which somehow showed up fine after the restart.

EDIT: Seems like it happened on iPhone 6 as well suddenly today. In that case the method of quickly catching "Upgrade All" link before it becomes deactivated seems to have worked.

14. DougTheImpaler, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015

DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

Mine still grays out the Update All button even after restarting the phone (iPhone 5s, Verizon). I also tried force-closing the app via the multitasking interface (swipe up) and it didn't make a difference. Just kind of annoying, I guess. Hopefully it'll sort itself.

edit, 50 minutes later: I guess all I had to do was gripe about it because now it's updating. Heh.

15. geeshiet macrumors member

16. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Yes, and when I just update through itunes, the bade is still there and the app update butttons are still greyed out. Used to be they would disappear - FIX THIS APPLE!