Cannot update GarageBand 4.1.2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rdeckert, Nov 26, 2008.

1. rdeckert macrumors newbie

My Mac did not come with any install cd and I've tried googling this problem and they lead to using the install cd. I don 't have any of the garageband instruments or loops. When I click on a greyed out instrument/loop, it brings me to the option where i can download the update or update from the dvd. I choose "Download Now" and it doesn't give me the GarageBand update. How can I get all the loops and instruments?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The loops and instruments are not part of the Garageband 4.1.2 update. While it is an option to download via Software Update, the instruments and loops are several gigabytes of data which would take a minimum of a day or two to download even if you could connect to the Apple update servers. Give your local AppleCare representatives a call and see if they can dispatch you replacement software restore discs (quantity 2). Bear in mind however that there will be a $16 charge for each replaced disc.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Hang on, now, I'm going through the same thing. Are the loops on Install Disk 2 of the ones that came with the computer?

4. rdeckert thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, but like I said, I'd like to do this without the cd. You mentioned connecting to the apple server to download the updates. I know, day or two at the least. But it shouldn't take that long for me. How can I connect to the server to download them? If it doesn't work, then I'll get the cd. But I would really prefer to try to download them first.