Cannot update/install apps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RotaryP7, Feb 22, 2012.

1. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

Anyone else having this issue? I have to reboot the iPhone every time I want to install a new app or update an app. I press the update button or buy button and it just sits there. When I reboot the iPhone it just says I can't purchase this specific app at this time or update. Although, it always works after the reboot. It sucks to reboot every time I purchase/update an app. :rolleyes:

2. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

nope other then the white icons showing everytime I install/uninstall and app, meaning i have to respring

3. RotaryP7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm. Yea, I don't ever have that issue. lol, crap. :confused:

4. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

I've been having the issue where I can't update ANY apps, either through iTunes or my phone. I have to un-install the app that needs updating, then re-install through either the app store or iTunes. Haven't found a solution yet.

5. RotaryP7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really? Have you tried restarting the iPhone? For me, after not being able to update the first time and I tap "Update All" .. I just respring my 4S and then I tap it once again and it works. It's weird. I mean it still works but it's a little annoying. :rolleyes:

6. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

Yup, tried that many times, still no dice.

7. bkb1777 macrumors newbie

bkb1777

I am having a similar issue. I can't update any apps or purchase new apps through the app store on my phone. Even if I reboot it, still I get an 'an unknown error has occurred' and it just goes away. Anyone have a clue?

8. bcrunk macrumors newbie

I have the problem where every time i go to update through the app store, after I tap update, and enter my password, it goes to the home screen like it's about to install it, but then it says can't connect to iTunes Store. But I know I have a wifi connection. I can install new apps just fine, I just can't update them. Also, If I try to update the apps I got from Install0us, it can't find any updates and it hasn't been able to for a couple of months now. I have an iPod 4th gen iOS 5.0.1 jailbroken. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

this happens to me..

10. ezekiel2214 macrumors newbie

similar

I am having similar issues, I have had it where:
    1. will not update *some apps, saying cannot connect to itunes
    2. will not download new apps, says: app cannot be installed at this time
    3. will work when I either wait or through itunes or restart phone.
    seems very finicky and I never had any problems with iOS6, hope they resolve this quickly.

11. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Are you on iOS 7 or iOS 6 jailbroken?

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I had some issues directly from my 5S yesterday, it might be them updating their stuff since we are close to a new conference for the iPads. Just wait and it will get to normal.