Cannot update/restore iPad 2 to 5.0 or 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SDub90, Jun 6, 2011.

1. SDub90, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011

SDub90 macrumors 6502a

I tried restoring (and updating) my iPad 2 to iOS 5 (yes, I'm a developer and added it to the portal). I was able to update my friend's iPhone 4 and iPad 2 (wifi only) to iOS 5, but when I tried updating my iPad 2 (AT&T) I receive a message (for both 4.3.3 and 5.0) that my iPad isn't eligible for the build.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm glad I made a backup, but I can't do anything with it since it's kind of in limbo between 4.3.3 and 5.0

I was able to update & restore my old iPad and replacement just fine over the weekend.

Thanks.

edit: Tiny umbrella was able to kick it out of recovery mode. 4.3.3 is working fine.

edit 2: Oops, posted in the wrong forum. I also can't restore the iPad anymore at all - it's not eligible for any updates according to iTunes and Xcode.

edit 3: My laptop will not recognize that it's connected anymore and it's stuck on the iTunes logo, no type of rebooting it is working (DFU, etc..). Called Apple and they were not even able to try to help me.

2. JustinTime macrumors newbie

JustinTime

The same thing is happening to me, although I haven't tried Tiny Umbrella..I will do that when I get back home. This really sucks..I hope I am able to get back to a usable ipad.

3. SDub90 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was able to get it working yesterday - don't know what I did that got it to work though. iOS 5 is running really well for me, it crashes my friend's iPad a lot though, his has turned itself off a few times and it kills the battery. My only problem is that a few apps don't work that I use fairly often - iStockManager, Netflix, just to name a couple, but this upgrade was for work, not play.