Cannot update to beta 2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by stevenamani, Jul 5, 2016.

1. stevenamani macrumors newbie

Anyone else having trouble getting the watch updated? Keeps saying it can't connect to the watch. Have tried reboots of both devices and deleting the profiles.

Attached Files:

2. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I updated my phone to beta 2 without any problem whatsoever. My watch just shows that it's up to date. WTH?

3. Jerry Raia macrumors regular

Jerry Raia

One of my watches it took a few tries but finally worked. The other I ended up unpairing it and then setting it up as a new watch.

4. profets macrumors 68040

I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried it many times too.

5. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Un-pair the watch and re-pair it. It's not a specific to "beta 2" issue, it's a "the watch is a horrible process to update" issue. It's happened for many across pretty much every update.

6. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I have unpaired and am in the process of repairing but how do I tell if it updates to beta 2?

7. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

You still have to go and update via Software Update in the Watch app on your phone. But to know once you've updated the build number will be 3.0 (14S5278d)

8. zaxven macrumors member

if you check watch profile is missing after iOS update for some weird reason. reinstalling did the trick for me. Able to update to beta 2 without any problem.

9. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Yea the profile was gone for some reason, had to reinstall it.

Also had to reboot the watch and leave the watch app open until the install started. Took me 3 tries and failure to installs before I just left the app open and finally worked.

10. stevenamani thread starter macrumors newbie

I unpaired and set it up as new watch and then was able to update to beta 2

11. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

Yes, this is the answer for me too, the beta profile is gone. Wish I would have thought of this last night, I unpaired and repaired my watch twice before finally unpairing and setting it up as a new watch. Ugh! Well, at least now I'm setting it all up again so I have been able to pare down my apps.