Cannot use bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse at the same time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nasachusetts, Mar 13, 2013.

1. nasachusetts macrumors newbie

I cannot seem to use my bluetooth keyboard (offbrand) and microsoft bluetooth mouse at the same time on Mountain Lion. Whenever I switch over to using the mouse, the keyboard stops working even though under the bluetooth menu it says it is still connected. I either have to switch off the mouse or turn off and on the keyboard to start typing again. I have tried resetting the PRAM but that didn't make a difference. I also updated the aluminum keyboard firmware update 1.1 and it doesn't seem to do anything either. I know it probably isn't interference because they both work flawless on the same machine in a windows bootcamp partition. Is there anyfix for this?

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Try removing both from Bluetooth devices and add them again, but I think it's indeed an OS X issue, I have a Mini with both the Wireless trackpad and keyboard, if I remote control the Mini with remote desktop these two devices don't work correctly either, also on 10.8.3

Note: be careful to do so, you may need a wired mouse/keyboard to add them again!

3. nasachusetts thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried it, no dice. Is there any terminal commands I can try? Or should I try to smc reset?