Cannot wait any longer !! I have iMac and should I go for Air or Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kittychan, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Kittychan macrumors regular

I have iMac 3.06 with me and I always want Macbook Air Rev.B 1.6, 120 GB Sata.

But But But it never comes out and I cannot wait. I do not want macbook cos I used to have one and it wasn't fun to work with. So I just placed an order for the Macbook Pro the based model.

Do you think I make a bad choice ? Or should I wait for Macbook Air :confused:

Please helppp !!!!!!!

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

You have not really told us what your computing needs actually are. In other words, we don't really know what you wish to do with the computer, and what you wish to do with it will determine the nature of the advice you may be given.

Having said that, my advice, for what it's worth, would be for you to look at the old power versus portability question. Do you game? Do you need plenty of power? Do you need an attractive and excellent screen? If the answer is yes, then go for the MBP. It is a superb computer, - I have one and am very happy with it - and will happily answer your power needs.

However, you write that you have long desired a MBA. They are very attractive, and superb for those who travel a lot. Their principle advantage is weight, or lack of it. People who prize portability, or who like to travel easily, or who travel often, sing the praises of the MBA.

So, the decision rests with you.

Cheers and good luck

3. timestoby macrumors 6502

you already made ur choice why ask or why didnt you ask before ur purchase. anyways most people do the basic stuff with there computers so im sure wotever you have will get the job done. the mb air will be less powerfull than ur imac tho. but i like laptops best since they are powerful nowdays