Cannot Wirelessly Sync Music with iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Genocide, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Genocide macrumors member

Downloaded the new iTunes 10.3 this morning which comes with the feature to wirelessly sync with any other apple devices (iPhone 4). This works fine for me with applications and books but I see no option to sync with my music.

There is no new purchased button in the iTunes app on my phone, yet there is in the applications app.

In iTunes preferences on my mac on the store tab there is an Automatic Downloads section yet there are only boxes to check for apps and books.

I have synced my iPhone with my computer after I installed iTunes 10.3.

I live in Canada but I have heard nothing about this only being released in the US.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Genocide thread starter macrumors member

3. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

33 views != 33 people who know the answer. Maybe it's a licensing or legal issue, give it more time for people to check it out and then you'll get your answer.

4. Genocide thread starter macrumors member

5. filthysambo macrumors newbie

6. filthysambo macrumors newbie

Damn that small print:

"Features are subject to change. Access to some services is limited to 10 devices. See www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/ for more information. Some features of iCloud require iOS 5 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation), iPad, or iPad 2, or a Mac computer with OS X Lion or a PC with Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Outlook 2007 or 2010 recommended). Some music features of iCloud are available in beta now in the U.S. only and require iOS 4.3.3 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 (GSM model), iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation), iPad, or iPad 2, or a Mac or PC with iTunes 10.3"

7. Genocide thread starter macrumors member

Yea not loving thinking I'm getting something only to get it taken back as quickly as I received it.

8. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I was going to post the reason after I had a chance to download it last night, but filthysambo beat me too it.

Seriously? First if it wasn't there, it was never given or taken back from you. Kid, it's a beta release. You got to expect not everything is going to be there. :rolleyes:

9. Genocide thread starter macrumors member

Firstly, your patronizing attitude isn't welcome here. Secondly, in the release Apple made no mention to it only being available to residents within the US. This gave others the false assumption that they would be receiving this new feature as well. Finding out that you are excluded from the release in small legal print is not the best feeling. Get it?

10. Raid, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011

Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Your posts in this thread seemed a little impatient, presumptuous and overly dramatic. My posts here were an attempt to provide an answer and bring a different perspective to you. Hopefully you understand that.

11. Genocide thread starter macrumors member

And I hope you understand that your disrespectful demeanour is what may have provoked such responses.

12. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

It's nice to get a small glimpse of what's new but I think we are stuck waiting till iCloud is active along with iOS5 being released. Till then we will probably just get frustrated not having everything in full featured "Just Works" mode.

13. Genocide thread starter macrumors member

Yea its not fun waiting but oh well. And I think the problem with other countries not being able to use iTunes with iCloud is because of Apple only having signed contracts with music companies for the US.