Cannot write files on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kimb, Nov 21, 2007.

1. kimb macrumors newbie

After syncing my iPhone and its finished it tells me it could not write some files. What am I doing wrong? I dont have 1/4 of the photos that I should on my iPhone. eek! Help!:confused:

2. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

In your iTunes, when you click on the iphone you get a screen, at the bottom it shows how you use your space. Is there any space left over on it ?

3. kimb thread starter macrumors newbie

yes there is. I tried updating my iphone to get rid of the hacks on it and its saying its got almost 5gb of "other". But it did it before when i would sync it with the hacks on it.

4. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

Could you try a restore via itunes ? My guess is that there is some crap left over on your phone, but without the hacks you'll have a hard time getting to it.

5. kimb thread starter macrumors newbie

I did the restore it erased all that "other" stuff off the iPhone but its not allowing me now to put any videos on. My iPhone hates me. :(

6. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

Eh. The restore should have left your iphone in a pristine state.

Other than trying again, perhaps googling to see if other people have had the same problem ?