canon 490 printer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DELINDA, Apr 25, 2010.

1. DELINDA macrumors regular

I can print wireless but I can not scan wireless . Why . I am connected by wire from the canon 490 direct to my airport so why is it the scanner will not work ? Can anyone explain ?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Is wireless scanning advertised as an ability?

What Mac and Mac OS X version and what W-LAN generation do you use (802.11 b, g or n)?

Even though some might get annoyed of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at http://mroogle.*************/MRoogleSmall.gif, since that question may have been asked several times?

Thread title example: How to wirelessly scan with a Canon 490 printer?

3. DELINDA thread starter macrumors regular

How to wirelessly scan with a Canon 490 printer?

There are you happy now . I am calling canon today to get an answer . I know the 490 is not wireless but I am connected direct from the airport to the 490 and I can print and not be connected to my laptop,but , I can not scan . Thats all . I have OS 10.6 . If I want true wireless I need to purchase the model up from mine .

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You only changed the title of the post I quoted, not the thread title. And the thread title is not for my happiness, but for you to get more views and maybe answers. But that is up to you. It is your thread title, for all I care you can title it "HELP".

Btw, if the printer does not support a wireless feature, how do you expect it to do it nonetheless?

5. DELINDA thread starter macrumors regular

Don't get me wrong , I appreciate your guidance and you do care , otherwise you would not go the effort you have . My thread titles are what they are and I get what I get . Now I know to look for previous thread also . So thanks .
    I did call canon and short story is it's apple's program that allows me to print but not scan and the 490 is not set up to scan unless directly hooked up to your laptop . Consider your self lucky that you know your way around spinnerly . I will make an effort to to create better titles .