Canon 50D announce today

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mac 13, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac 13 macrumors member

Everything looks good for a camera at this price, but what's up with the 9 point focus versus Nikon 51 points :confused:

2. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

I am not sure I see the problem with the number of focus points. As a seasoned amateur, I never use any but the centre focus point.

I suppose Ill go ask that question..... (and call my friend who bought the 40D last week ;) )

3. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Yet you've let this confusion get to you because only 5 threads down in this forum is an existing thread about the 50D which your post would have gone in without creating another one.

4. tip macrumors 6502

tip

It's not out yet - it will be available in October.

5. Mac 13 thread starter macrumors member

Don't see it, but see one just about two threads above of mine. So why you're in here Mr. negative.:eek:

6. ManWithhat macrumors regular

If you're shooting mostly in anything but manual, you shouldn't be buying a prosumer camera. Just my opinion . . .

7. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I'm only negative because you think I'm negative, it's in your mind what my state of mind is in.

Threads move around, that is how it works in a BB forum, btw but if you're still having trouble finding it, its here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=551182

8. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

This is going to sell for something like $250 less than the D300. Nikon and Canon seem to try, for the most part, to line up their cameras so they don't compete/compare too directly - so the 50D is going to have a few trade-offs when compared to the D300. Canon also seems to be very careful about separating their higher-end cameras' feature sets from their lower-end ones.

The number of AF points isn't a big deal for most photography IMHO.

9. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Also, AF points are only useful IF your shooting with autofocus. Sometimes, manual is better!

10. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.