Canon CanoScan N670 not working in Leopard

email68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
I recently switched to the mac. Just bought a white iMac about two months ago.

I was using Tiger at the time and tried for a long time to get my scanner working. I thought the mac was just supposed to be plug and play.

I had to find an old mac driver and got it working but not great. It has to use the very old Canon tools driver.

Now with Leopard that has quit working.

Does anyone know of a TWAIN driver for this model?

Isn't the Mac supposed to find this stuff on its own or get it through the Software Updates?

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I recently switched to the mac. Just bought a white iMac about two months ago.

I was using Tiger at the time and tried for a long time to get my scanner working. I thought the mac was just supposed to be plug and play.

I had to find an old mac driver and got it working but not great. It has to use the very old Canon tools driver.

Now with Leopard that has quit working.

Does anyone know of a TWAIN driver for this model?

Isn't the Mac supposed to find this stuff on its own or get it through the Software Updates?
No 3rd party drivers are recieved through Software Update, these need to be found by the user

Comment

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
This is discussed before and I have almost the same scanner. You can download the drivers from Canon's website. The easiest way to use your scanner is through Photoshop, the driver installer will install a plug-in for Photoshop.

Comment

email68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Are you using leopard? What scanner do you have?

This is discussed before and I have almost the same scanner. You can download the drivers from Canon's website. The easiest way to use your scanner is through Photoshop, the driver installer will install a plug-in for Photoshop.

Comment