Canon DR-2010M imageFormula no longer supported with Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by LagaV, Oct 30, 2013.

1. LagaV macrumors newbie

All:

Please be advised, that the Canon imageFormula DR-2010M is currently not supported and not functional with OS X Mavericks.

After upgrading OSX to Mavericks the DR-2010M is no longer detected when switched on.

Launching CaptureOnTouch software manually and requesting scan via the app provides a dialog box with

" Error - Cannot use driver "

Canon website Canon Driver Download Page provides no software for 10.9. Reinstalling 10.8 software didn't help.

I'm currently waiting on a reply from Canon.

Any other ideas / thoughts on how to fix this problem?

LagaV

2. LagaV thread starter macrumors newbie

I received a reply from Canon (Germany). They currently can't tell if and possibly when there will be a driver update.

To there knowledge (and testing) current drivers and applications are fully functional with OSX Mavericks.

So I'm trying to under stand if this is only a problem with my system or if the driver is really broken.

Anybody else with a similar problem?

LagaV

3. habitullence macrumors member

Just ran into the exact same problem. Anyone found a fix?

4. ppolson macrumors newbie

Cannon DR2010M drivers

I paid a lot of money for this scanner because it was "MAC friendly" and would like to use it for more than a duple of years!! I am waiting and watching as well. My cannon does not work with Maveric and I get the same error ..."cannot load driver"

5. murrayE macrumors member

CaptureOnTouch DR-2010M works with Mavericks

CaptureOnTouch DR-2010M (version 1.3.1.0722) works just fine for me with OS X Mavericks (10.9.5).

In particular, it automatically open as soon as I power on the scanner.

6. irishsgd macrumors newbie

Same problem and concern; different Scanner DR-C125

Version 1.5.13.0710 works to scan TIFF but not PDF.
    Ironically, Adobe Acrobat PRO can "Create PDF" from scanner.

7. irishsgd macrumors newbie

Update DR-C125

Software is functioning properly in Mavericks. I remembered that I had also recently moved the destination file for scans. Once I updated scanner setting to the proper "Save in folder" address, full functionality returned. My bad.

8. murrayE macrumors member

Canon seems to have software for Yosemite

At the Canon European site, I found CaptureOnTouch for Mac (ver. 1.4) for the ImageFormula DR-2010M that claims it's compatible not only with Mavericks, but also Yosemite! See:

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010797.asp

I looked inside the downloaded installer package (with Pacifist) and found some files dates 30 September 2014.

As I'm still running Mavericks, I am not yet verify that this works, as claimed, with Yosemite.

9. murrayE macrumors member

In fact, the version of CaptureOnTouch from the Canon European site works not only with Yosemite, but with El Capitan as well!