Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
What an awesome camera! My step dad accidentally bought two online, and to be nice he gave me one of the extra ones...

How freaking sweet is that!

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
I was gonna get one of the elph's, but i found out that they can't do manual... so, that was out of the question...

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
I bought myself one for Christmas and love it. Just trying to figure out all the modes is quite a job but it takes good pictures regardless of my ineptitude!

Congratulations on your good fortune!!

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
well, he said that right now they are hard to come by. And that he bought one from dell, and one from amazon... thinking he'd cancel the one after the first one shipped... well, dell's website said that there was a 4 week waiting period, but it shipped the same time as amazon's, and to be nice he gave it to me..
nice guy!

desenso

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2005
I bought one of these when they first came out. Great compact little camera.

gnortenjones

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
I've been seriously considering getting one of these. A friend of mine bought one after some exhaustive research, and loves it. It seems like a nice middleground between point and shoot, and an DSLR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.