Canon HF-10 compatibility with MacPro

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by qveda, Sep 13, 2008.

1. qveda macrumors regular

I'm dumping my PC and buing a MacPro soon. Mostly for digital photography but also want to make some videos of music , stills and video. Looking for a camcorder that works very well with images and the MacPro. Heard some hard drive and flash camcorders do not co-operate well with Mac.

Recommendations?

2. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Such problems (iMovie not recognising a connected camera or failing to import clips without crashing even when it does) are a thing of the past now, at least for the current crop of Panasonic, Canon, and Sony AVHCD harddrive and flash memory-based camcorders - though talking to some of the nimrods who sell the things you wouldn't know it (e.g. Sony salespersons who're convinced their cameras won't play nice with OSX)! So long as you go Core 2 Duo you can't lose.

This is, of course, keeping it general - but should you have a shortlist of camcorders in mind I'm sure folks here can help you wade through the pros and cons. The Canon HF100 / HF10 and Sony SR11 / SR12 both have a fairly healthy following around here. Searching under these model names or "AVCHD" will give you a few threads even just on this forum to read through for starters.

Good luck,
    Andrew.

3. NRose8989 macrumors 6502a

I have a 2.4ghz C2D Macbook Pro and a Canon HF10, i can tell you that it works perfectly with OS X so I'm pretty sure you won't have any problems with a Mac Pro

4. leana63 macrumors newbie

can't find my video files

I have a macbook pro (purchased new in June '07) and I'm having issues finding the video files from my Canon HF10 on my computer. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

5. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Perhaps you could provide a few details about what you've tried so far? For example, which version of iMovie are you using? (Go to iMovie -> About iMovie and copy down the version number of the form "iMovie x.x.x".) How are you connecting the camcorder? And so on.

Andrew.