Canon HF10 accessories? Lenses, mic, battery.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by foshizzle, Nov 6, 2008.

1. foshizzle macrumors regular

I currently own a Canon HF-10, nothing on it special, no extended battery or lenses or anything, just have two additional 16GB SDHC cards.
    Can anyone give me a rundown on the differences of the lenses that are listed on the site for the HF10? I dont do any pro work, just hobby stuff, but if I have some money after christmas I'd like to possibly buy one of these lenses if they seem like they'd be fun to shoot with.

On the site there are:

-Tele Converter TL-H37
    -WD-H37 II
    -Wide Converter WD-H37C

They say wide lenses but the camera already shoots in 1920x1080, isnt this wide already? Im not really sure on these so if anyone can give me insight in kind-of laymen's terms I'd appreciate it.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...egoryid=177&modelid=16186#SNAModelSuppliesAct

On the topic, does anyone use the DM-100 shotgun mic? Is it worth it?

thanks for the help.

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Those wide angle lens increases the field of view, allowing you to cover more area obviously. A wide angle lens is useful when shooting in tight quarters, but depending on the lens, you may encounter barrel distortion(when objects at the outer edges appear bowed in) when zoomed all the way out, or vignetting.