Canon HF20 Questions

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by tabasco70, Nov 16, 2009.

1. tabasco70 macrumors 6502

I'm currently looking to buy a Canon HF20 video camera, and I had a couple questions to ask, if any of you have any experience with one.

1. I've heard AVCHD footage is hard to edit with.. I primarily use a 2.4ghz, 2gb RAM Macbook from last November with Adobe Premiere. (sometimes Final Cut). I've also heard the importation process is smooth, but I was wondering if I would run into any editing problems while editing.

2. How is the 'cinema mode'? Does it look nice?

3. How is the battery life?

4. Is standard operation/use simple or compliated?

5. When importing, what connection does it use, and do I need any extra software for this?

Thanks.

2. mcgarry macrumors 6502a

mcgarry

I have the similar HF200

1. have not used Premiere, so I'm not sure

2. I like it fine, but it's been a while since I compared it systematically to footage in other modes. Sometimes you can find sample footage on Youtube if you search by a camera's model name.

3. up to 1.5 hours of shooting with the standard battery (rough estimate based on experience, but not my actual measurement)

4. it's fine

5. USB, no extra software necessary, depending on where you're taking it

3. deniamnet macrumors newbie

Right Choice

i got this camcorder 4 days ago, and all that i can say - awesome! i have browse for some reviews and i found it
    if you need some additional info about Canon HF20 camcorder - you can go to http://hf20.net - it helps me to make right choice