canon HV-10 episode1 (non HD tape)

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bozigle, Jun 29, 2007.

1. bozigle macrumors regular

Ok,
    Just got this brand new baby for a special event and i had been running into quite many problems so i will start with this one.
    During the event i got my own footage plus others people download their stuff on my mac, via their own camcoder --> no problemo
    After the event i got some regular (non HD) tape.
    inserted in the canon, i can play them and see them on my screen, however, clicking on importing in iMovie doesn't result in anything.
    Q1: is there some settings in the HV-10 or imovie that i missed and could allows me to import the content.
    Q2: is FCE having the same problem?

bozigle

2. bozigle thread starter macrumors regular

Obviously not a successful thread...
    Humm i went to my local store with camcoder and the NonHD DV tape.
    The guys were not really into video and couldn't help me bu at least they let me play with their workstation.
    So FCE is doing the import (the video was squeeze into 4:3 format but i guess or rather hope this is something in the settings) and i still don't know about iMovie.
    Well i guess i will have to cash in soon for FCE unless somebody tell me a way to get that video in iMovie
    bozigle

3. Waiting4MacBook macrumors member

I'd also like to know if it's possible to use the HV-10 to import standard def video from a tape that was shot on a Panasonic DVX-100b to FCP 5.1. Thanks.

4. bozigle thread starter macrumors regular

Well i don't know about this panasonic camcoder in particular but i managed to get some footage from some sony regular widescreen camcoder dv tape.
    i used FCE 3.5 and the HV-10. I didn't get the widescreen format... but then again it was the first time i touched FCE.
    I would be very surprise is FCE would do it and not FCP (then again 5.1??? they just realease FCP6)