Canon i9100 leaks ink or eats it like a hog?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kirkbross, Nov 1, 2008.

1. kirkbross macrumors 6502a

kirkbross

I have a Canon i9100 and I seem to be changing ink cartridges WAY more often than would seem appropriate for the amount I print. I am wondering if, when idle, the ink might be dripping into the catch sponge very slowly or if the printer is just a total hog.

I barely use it -- maybe once every few weeks to print a few pages and it seems I am out of one color or another every three of four times I go to print something.

Anyone have any experience with this, or tips on conserving ink? It's very frustrating because considering the light coverage, I can only print maybe ten pages before I have to change a cartridge.

2. emt1 macrumors 65816

It's lying to you so you buy ink more often. That was not sarcasm.

3. kirkbross thread starter macrumors 6502a

kirkbross

Well, the resevoir portion of the cartridge is indeed always empty when I take it out (the "wick/sponge" half is always saturated).

More important, the printer will not print anything of any color, even black, if ANY of the colors are out. I'd be happy if it would still print black when photo cyan is out or whatever, but no go. Frickin' extortion, I say. One word: consumables.