Canon i9900 Printer Driver Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kakkoiimac, Dec 24, 2008.

1. kakkoiimac macrumors regular

Hi everyone-

I am just having trouble finding the printer driver for my dad's i9900 printer. He just got a new macbook and I am trying to set everything up for him.

The canon website was odd, under the download section I did not find any printer drivers. IF some one can help me out with a link or a copy of the drivers that would be great thanks.

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Go to http://www.usa.canon.com/ then click on the support tab. From the three pull-downs, choose Printers, I series and i9900 in order. Go to that support page, then click on the drivers tab. From their, choose OS X from the pull-down. The print driver will be the first one.

3. kakkoiimac thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the help, but I must be an idiot because I do not see a drop down for an operating system. I attached a picture to show what I am looking at. Please let me know if that is right.

Even when I click on the "Click here to download file" nothing happens. So I dont know if I am in the wrong page, or what. Anyway thanks for the help

Attached Files:

4. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

That's peculiar. It shows up on mine. No idea how to get around that, but perhaps a search of that site?

Attached Files:

5. kakkoiimac thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for confirming that. I switch to firefox and I found it just fine. I guess there must have been some setting in safari that kept that from showing up. Anyway, thanks a lot

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Just to further the mystery- I think it was a temporary site problem. I tried this with Firefox when I first saw your post last night and got the same results you did. Trying it again just now (still in Firefox) it lists the info correctly so apparently they had a server glitch- but all is well and that is well now so that is what counts! ;)

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

When I connect to mine, it auto-detects and finds the correct drivers as it built into the OS. Of that's assuming you installed the drivers [or changed the default configuration].