Canon iP90 and CS3

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by hsotnicaM, Jul 9, 2007.

1. hsotnicaM macrumors regular

I just purchased a new SRMBP along with a Canon iP90. It appears CS3, any application, when I print in the "borderless" mode prints at about 50% opacity. The "normal" print mode works fine.

Does anyone else have a Canon iP90 and CS3? If so, are you having the same issue?

2. hsotnicaM thread starter macrumors regular

A bit of frustration. I purchased the iP90 because it was small enough to be portable along with my 17 SRMBP. Now after emailing back and forth with Canon, it appears the driver for borderless printing (which is a big selling point for Canon) with a Plain Paper setting doesn't work in CS3. Everything else works - as long as you don't want borderless - including 4x6 to 8x10 prints borderless. So be warned. Now I have to check with the Pro9000 to see if it has he same issue.

UPDATE- I spent most of my day yesterday with Canon Support. The situation was unresolved this morning. It seems the iP90 or the newly updated iP90v will not function properly in Adobe CS3. It was recommended I use Canon's photo software for prints and Word for text layout work...Ha, ha, ha...seriously?? Bad Canon. I'm a huge Canon fan but this is ridiculous. What next, PowerPoint for illustrations?