Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScKaSx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Hi All,

Can't figure why, but my canon mark II 5d doesn't mount in osx. I've gotten it to mount in windows 7 on my PC before without drivers, but it fails on my mac (without even a message). Nothing happens.

I have 10.6 on a macbook pro. Any ideas?

Cheers,
ScKaSx

ScKaSx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Okay, I just was able to open it through IMAGE CAPTURE. Therefore, it must be a setting on my camera or through OSX preferences for the automatic feature. I was expecting it to mount as a drive.

If anyone has a better suggestion on how to transfer images feel free to let me know.

Cheers

OneEyedJack

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2010
Not sure about mounting but I used to have problems with Canon's EOS Utility on the Mac. Pictures from the 5Dmk2 would download fine but the utility would stop responding and I would have to force quit.

A recent update to the utility seems to have addressed this problem. At the risk of showing my techno-ignorance, perhaps this update contains a driver(?) that may help you mount as a drive.

FWIW, there are reports of fried main boards in 5Ds from tethering/ connecting. The more superstitious limit how often the camera is plugged into a computer just to minimize any possible problem.

You may want to consider a compact flash card reader. It solves the mounting problem and possibly more!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.