Canon mini DV MD235 Log and Capture problems

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by KCC Records, Feb 11, 2010.

1. KCC Records macrumors newbie

Hey guys ,

Im having big problems with trying to log and capture my footage from my Canon mini dv MD235 using both final cut pro 6 and imovie.
    My Mac OS X book pro Version 10.5.8 , just bought a 9-Pin to 4-Pin and tryed to get drivers for it with no luck please can someone help im really struggling with this :( x

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You really don't need a driver for DV cameras. Have you tried QuickTime Player yet?
    Is the camera set to PLAY/VCR?

Have you taken a look at the manual on how to properly transfer footage from the camera to a computer?
    I mean the manual of the camera and FCP.

3. KCC Records thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thanks for the reply ,

Yes i have set the camera to play/vcr,
    i dont know how to log and capture with quick time at all ?
    i tryed i move and final cut pro but all they pick up is the built in camera on the mac , i have the camera set up firewire 800/400 9-pin to 4-pin cable , nothing is registering or recognizing the camera if you know i mean :(

thanks again for the reply ne more suggestions ? :(

4. KCC Records thread starter macrumors newbie

it works fine with my samsung vp d371w pal mini dv but the audio here on the camera is broken i use the samsung one for stock footage mainly but i really want my canon one up n logging on my mac ?

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

QuickTime > File > New Movie Recording.

You must also take a look at the preferences and select the connected camera.

Maybe the camera's or MBP's Firewire or even the cable is bust/faulty.

Can you check with another camera or Mac or cable?

PS: What do you mean the audio on the other camera is broken? Have you tried with that camera already? Because it seems strange that audio is not transferred via Firewire.

6. KCC Records thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey man thanks again for the reply , na it wont be a problem with the lead its brand new from a mac shop today , the samsung camera the audio on it has always been a bit dodgy think it was dropped on accident years ago ,

I think the cannon one does not pick up at all for some reason its really getting to me now :(

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you looked into the camera's menu, to see if you need to enable a DV-OUT?

Also can you post your project and capture settings from FCP.

A screen shot (CMD+SHIFT+4), uploaded to Flickr and embedded here, would be nice. :)