canon mp210 printer/scanner trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by brisweeney, Jun 4, 2008.

1. brisweeney macrumors regular

brisweeney

hey folks,

having a bit of trouble running a cannon mp210 all in one printer through an airport extreme. im new to osx so could do with some help!!

basically ive installed the software from the cd onto my pc desktop which is also connected to the base station. Bonjour is installed on the pc and both my macbook and pc are printing fine,the problem is scanning, i cant get my macbook to recognise that the printer is a scanner too! even after downloading the printer and scanner drivers onto my macbook.....

if there is a ridiculously easy solution to this i do apologise for wasting your time, i havn't used a mac since about '96!

thanks!

2. twig macrumors member

Try using Image Capture (in your Applications folder) for scanning. I've never been able to get the Canon scanner drivers working properly, but Image Capture has most of the same features and works fine with my Canon MX700. I'm connected with USB, so it might be different over a network, but it's worth a try.

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Does it scan properly when connected to your computer rather than the airport extreme? If so, then your problem probably is that there is no support for wireless scanning. Most multifunction printers are not capable of scanning wirelessly. You first need to check to see if your particular machine has that capability. I would call Canon and ask if it does. Or does the box say it supports wireless printing? You may well be out of luck there.

4. brisweeney thread starter macrumors regular

brisweeney

thats a good point about wireless scanning, never thought of that!

ive plugged the printer straight into my macbook and image capture isnt recognizing it....its not the end of the world, just would be nice to have the scanner function working.....ill keep fiddling with it and see what happens!!

thanks for the replies, no doubt ill be back annoying you all with more questions on various stuff!