Canon MP380 Printer Driver for iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by JellyFish, Sep 5, 2007.

1. JellyFish macrumors regular

I have installed the Canon MP380 printer driver for my new iMac but I cannot find it listed under the Canon model name in Printer Setup. All I see are "gimp beta" this or that.

When I try to print the text is too small. It's not filling up the standard size piece of paper I am printing on.

What am I doing wrong here??? This is very confusing. :confused: :eek:

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

I just checked Canon's support page and there is no record of an MP380. Are you sure you have the right model number?

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

MP830 maybe?

Did you click "More printers..." and look under USB connected printers?

4. Sunshine Mar macrumors newbie

found the cure!!

I got that printer also for "free" headeache included too, but I am kind of stuborn so here it is go to this link an download the drives it actually works! you have to choose from the driver/software menu open and choose mac os X and then go down and choose the third option that reads:

MP480 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 10.26.0.0 (Mac OS X 10.5/10.6)
    mp480sosxcp102600ea8-2.dmg

click on the red letters link and Agree and download and open and install... it some work but it makes the thing go.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=17160

5. Sunshine Mar macrumors newbie

Found The Cure!!!

I got that printer also for "free" headeache included too, but I am kind of stuborn so here it is go to this link an download the drives it actually works! you have to choose from the driver/software menu open and choose mac os X and then go down and choose the third option that reads:

MP480 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 10.26.0.0 (Mac OS X 10.5/10.6)
    mp480sosxcp102600ea8-2.dmg

click on the red letters link and Agree and download and open and install... it some work but it makes the thing go.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=17160