Canon MP620............hopeless beginner

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ziggy15, Jan 23, 2009.

1. ziggy15 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new to Mac and almost beginning to regret it! I bought the above printer on Saturday with a new iMac and it all worked fine on the Sunday after setting up. Then on Monday I added Iworks and updated about 7 items on a software update and the printer packed in altogether. Since then I've spent about 6 hours on the phone to Apple and Canon and have almost certainly messed up more than I've cured. Now I can't even add the printer with the plus sign as it says part of the software is missing. When I reload the CD, I get the Canon IJ window, which when I double click on it opens to show 5 different things, msetupexe etc, but the program just doesn't run like it initially did. If I had any hair left I'd have torn it all out by now. It's not wireless by the way, just a USB connection. I need help. Also trying to find anybody local that works on Macs is nigh on impossible. The only guy who said he'd come didn't of course turn up. So thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. Much appreciated and sorry to be a bit of a tech wally as regards Macs anyway

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You might try going to the Canon web site and DL the latest drivers from there and install them.