Canon mx700 w/ Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by capoeiraguri, Jan 30, 2008.

1. capoeiraguri macrumors newbie

I bought the mac pro with a mx700 all in one printer. My Mac Pro still hasn't shipped due to the graphics card, but I have the printer. I have a g4 powerbook, and the printer worked fine on it when it had panther, but I recently upgraded to leopard and know it won't work. Has apple just not updated the drivers, or what's up!>!>?

2. musicforme macrumors member

musicforme

Go to Canon's web site and download the latest drivers.

I also have a Pro and had to download newer drivers to get it to work. So far I've only printed to it, haven't tried scanning anything yet.

3. twig macrumors member

I've got the MX700, running Leopard on an iMac. With the latest drivers from Canon's website the printing works fine but scanning still has issues. The scanner is supposed to be able to individually scan several photographs if they're placed on the glass at once. However the driver does not seem to work for this as all the photos are combined into one image. I've been using Apple's Image Capture instead which works fine, but does not have the feature of capturing multiple images. I also don't think that Canon supports faxing directly from a Mac - you have to print the page first, then fax it. If anyone else has found better drivers, please post a link.

4. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

I'd love to know how you got scanning working at all. I can't seem to get it over usb, havent tried networking it yet (need a new switch)

5. twig macrumors member

I've got it hooked up with usb. Nothing happens if I try to scan using the buttons on the scanner, but if I open Image Capture or the canon scanning software it finds the scanner right away and does a pre-scan, etc.

I downloaded the most recent printer (10.1.0.0) and scanner (13.9.0) drivers that I could find for OS X on the Canon website (there's separate drivers for printer and scanner). Other than that I didn't have to do anything special for it to work.

6. hookem12387 macrumors 6502