Canon MX860 Wireless Connection with 10.6.2

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by theapplefreak, Dec 26, 2009.

1. theapplefreak macrumors regular

So my family just purchased a new Canon MX860. Looks like a great printer! Except one problem...the wireless printing doesn't work. It seems like its not compatible with 10.6.2. We've installed a driver from canon of 10.6, but still doesn't work.
    Anyone out there who has a Canon MX860 running 10.6.2 and printing through wifi?
    The printer says its "offline" though we've successfully installed everything including the drivers and what not.

Thanks

2. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Damn, we just got an MX860 too but haven't even set it up yet. Hopefully, there is a solution to this as I will probably want to know too.

3. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

4. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Works like a charm here. I have it all connected through an AEBS.

5. jiminpa macrumors newbie

Double sided printing on MX860 on SL 10.6.2

I got my MX860 work with the wireless connection using the latest driver downloaded from the canon support site. Only problem I have is figuring out how to make it print double sided.

Any ideas?

6. clabough macrumors newbie

ANSWER: Re-run the wireless setup utility

You need to connect the printer to your Mac via USB and then run the connection utility located on your Mac here:

Macintosh HD/Library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter/Utilities/Canon IJ Network Tool

Probably a good idea to add a shortcut to here inside /Applications/Canon Utilities/

You can also access this tool if you have the printer queue open and you select Printer Setup from the Printer menu, select the Utility tab and then press the Open Printer Utility button.

I had to do this after updating to a new wireless router to connect the printer to the new network.

-Mike