Canon PIXMA MG3250

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by soupyjnr, Aug 31, 2013.

1. soupyjnr macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

I am really hoping somebody can help with this as I am starting to pull my hair out!

I bought a Canon PIXMA MG3250 printer about an hour ago. I have brought it home and have tried to connect it to my Wifi. It said it was connected and all seemed fine.

However, when I try to print something, it comes up in the window that the printer is Offline, and not connected. When I go into system preferences, its showing me its in use.

I have attached two screenshots so you know what I can see. Does anybody have any advice on how to get this working. I downloaded the Canon app for my iPhone and its working fine from the iPhone, just not the MacBook Pro?

Attached Files:

2. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Aug 10, 2012
    Over here
    Did you use the "Standard" WiFi connection on the Printer Or WPS setting ? My canon did the same as you are experiencing, and had to start over using Standard on the printer panel and enter my security code from Apple Extreme. Other than that, I cannot assist further. Someone may come by to help. Good luck
  3. tayl0rd60 macrumors newbie

May 22, 2015
    Canon Pixma MG3250

I'm new so I hope I've done this right!

Continuing on from the last post, I am having the exact same problem in that I can't get my MacBook to connect to the printer using WPS. My problem is that I don't know what 3rd Rock means by 'using Standard on the printer panel'.

I'm sure I've missed something really simple but could some kind soul enlighten me please?